Knowing the signs – the symptoms of flu:
- Fever (although not everyone with the flu has a fever)
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Body ache
- Diarrhea and vomiting (sometimes)
Up to 20% of the U.S. population will get the flu.
- Get vaccinated – Influenza is the only respiratory virus preventable by vaccination.
- Wash your hands – Wash them often with soap and water.
- Don’t touch your face – This is the easiest way for germs to get into your body.
- Smile – Studies show that smiling can help boost your immune system.
- Stay tome – Stay home for a full 24 hours after your fever goes away.
- Exercise – It boosts your immune system and speeds recovery from illness.
- Eat right – Eating healthy, balanced meals can strengthen your immune system.
- Keep sanitizer close – Use it often and tell children and people around you to do the same