Tips and practical advice from an expert, Tal Ben-Shahar
Wisdom to become happy parents come from an expert on The Science of Happiness. The Science of Happiness: Positive Psychology course taught by professor, Tal Ben-Shahar and assisted by Debra Levi (Coaching is Good) was one of the most popular courses in the history of Harvard! As one of the many students who took this course, I learned many lessons and have been applying them in all areas of my life ever since, including – parenting. Each one of them truly works! Apply and be a happier parent!
10 TIPS FOR HAPPY PARENTS:
1. Oh, the questions you’ll ask… be a learning parent!
2. Believe in yourself & your children!
3. Learn to fail or fail to learn… keep parenting humble!
4. Give yourself the permission to be human & let your child experience a palette of emotions!
5. Open up before your child through stories and 5+ minutes of a daily play
6. Cultivate love & kindness and pursue peace
7. Simplify! It’s that simplicity on the other side of complexity…
8. Cultivate relationships & accept diversity
9. Remember the presence over presents
10. Strive to be known by your children through the thoughts you think, words you speak, actions you take and well-being of the body you treat
Tal Ben-Shahar’s Parenting & Relationships PlayList on YouTube!