Oatmeal Horchata is a healthy creamy Mexican drink with a few main ingredients: oats, milk (dairy-fee works too), and cinnamon. Kids love it. Make it together and they will enjoy the drink even more!
PREP TIME: 5M
COOK TIME: 15M
IDLE TIME: 1H
CUISINE: MEXICAN, MODERNIST
KEY WORDS: Keto, Kosher, Vegan, Plant-based
- 1 cup oatmeal (sprouted healthier)
- 1 cup milk (evaporated, condensed, or dairy-free milk or dairy-free creamer)
- Cinnamon (Ceylon type)
- Sweetener (to taste)
- pinch of Xanthan Gum
Substitute evaporated or condensed milk with dairy free milk or dairy-free creamer. Add other ingredients – berries, nuts and so on, if desired.
FOLLOW 3 STEPS:
- Soak oatmeal in water for 1 hour. (Enough to cover oatmeal).
- In a blender put oatmeal with the water, and the rest of ingredients, cinnamon and vanilla are to taste
- Serve with ice-cubes immediately.