5 simple steps OR 25 minutes a day to help prepare your child for preschool and ensure a smooth transition and gain confidence.
Starting preschool is a big step for a child, and parents can play an essential role in preparing their little one for this new experience. It takes just 25 minutes a day!
- READ & COUNT to them everywhere – home, outside, driving, walking, playing, jumping (Academic Skills) – 5 minutes a day
- CREATE art & craft using playdough, crayons, scissors, Lego (Fine Motor Skills) – 5 min. a day
- MOVE doing runs, jumps, skips (Gross Motor Skills) – 5 minutes a day
- WRITE their names, birthdays, age, address, telephone, parents’ names everywhere – on paper, in the air, in a sand, chalk ground, water (Academic & Personal Info) – 5 minutes a day
- PLAY roles and tell STORIES using emotions, voices, puzzles, observations, sharing, asking, good manners & follow directions (Social & Emotional Skills) – 5 minutes a day
25 minutes a day it takes to prepare your child for preschool!
BONUS: TEACH a Hero Mindset to manage thoughts, feelings, speaking, & acting. It will help them to be responsible and opportunity makers (Life Skills) – 5 minutes a day
P.S.: MAKE THE PROCESS FUN TO ENJOY THE LEARNING!
To read more:
- Caring for Preschoolers at Home, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Making a Smooth Transition, Harvard Graduate School of Education
TALK ABOUT COVID19