Grandma’s healthy candy are made with plant-based whole food ingredients. No-bake, quick, easy and kids love them. Try!
Grandma’s Healthy Candy Recipe was developed by mom, food scientists, when she was a young mother with 3 kids in Ukraine. She made this recipe many times and adjusted the recipe based on what she had in her pantry. Now, my own kids make them on their own with just a little help. No-bake, quick, easy, and healthy recipe with just a few healthy ingredients.
Easy, quick, no-bake, whole food, plant-based, vegan, keto, healthy ingredients.
PREP TIME: 5 min.
COOK TIME: 15 min.
CUISINE: European, Gluten free, Vegan, Paleo, Plant based
AUTHOR: Olga A.
- 1 cup – almond flour
- 1/2 cup – shredded almond nuts
- 1 tbsp – almond butter
- 1 tbsp – cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 cup – dates (soak prior, if you wish)
- 1/4 cup – water or almond milk
- 1/4 cup – seeds and spices (your choice – turmeric, cinnamon, goji)
- 1 cup – unsweetened coconut shred for coating (optional)
Knife or a food processor or blender
- measure and grind
- mix to a clay form
- shape into small bite balls and cover with coconut shreds
- cool in the freezer for 15 minutes
- store in freezer up to 2 weeks
- wait a few minutes before serving
- Ingredients and proportions change according to your taste.
- No time to shape into balls – shape into cylinder form, freeze, and then slice.
- To make healthiest cookies out of this recipe, just add 1/2 tsp baking soda (no aluminum) and 1 tsp lemon juice and bake on 350 F.