Healthy brownies recipe is made with plant-based whole food ingredients and great for keto and vegan eaters. Kids love them and make them!
Original Healthy Cookies Kids Love recipe came from Liza Davis, mother of 4, who makes them often and her young kids love and make them on their own. When we met and shared our favorite Grandma Favorite Candy recipe, we realized they were almost identical except for one additional step – baking with adding soda and vinegar. My mom, a food scientist, and my daughter who is 8 yrs tested and twisted the recipe and the Healthy Cookies recipe turned into Healthy Brownies. They are soft on texture like real cookies but with all healthy ingredients. Hope you will enjoy them as much as we do!
If you do not have time to bake, you can remove such ingredients as soda and lemon juice and freeze without baking. In this case, look at our Grandmas Healthy Candy recipe.
Have a few extra minutes and no cocoa powder, make cookies out of them!
Easy, quick, no-bake, whole-food, plant-based, vegan, keto, healthy ingredients.
PREP TIME: 5 min.
COOK TIME: 25 min.
CUISINE: European, Gluten free, Vegan, Paleo, Plant-based
AUTHOR: Tested and adopted by Olga A. Original recipe belongs to Liza Davis.
- 1/2 cup – almond flour
- 1 cup – shredded nuts
- 1 cup – dried dates (soak prior, if you wish)
- 1/4 cup – water or almond milk
- 1/4 cup – seeds and spices (your choice – turmeric, cinnamon, goji, sunflower)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp – almond butter (optional)
- 1 tbsp – cocoa powder to taste
- Food Processor (the best) or
- Knife or Blender may work
- Ingredients and proportions change according to your taste.
- Prefer cookies, instead of flat batter, use a spoon to shape cookies
- No time to bake, shape and freeze without baking soda and lemon juice – ready to eat
- place everything in a food processor except seeds and spices
- place everything in a bowl and mix well; spread the batter into a pan
- Bake 15 min at 350F
- Cut into desired pieces once cooled and serve. ENJOY