Make a Fruit Frozen Yogurt and learn the Flavors that go along with any fruit combination. It’s easy to make and requires only your favorite full-fat yogurt and your favorite fruits. Check yourself on Flavor Pairing Fruits.
PREP TIME: 10 min.
COOK TIME: 15 min.
COURSE: Frozen Dessert
CUISINE: Plant-based, vegan, keto
INGREDIENTS for the Fruit Frozen Yogurt:
- 1C frozen fruits of your choice
- 1C whole milk yogurt (creamy sweet or unsweet: Greek, etc; or 60% on 1/3 cup coconut milk)
- 1C tsp flavor extract (vanilla or coconut, orange, lemon)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of Xanthan Gum
TOOLS the Fruit Frozen Yogurt:
- Blender or Ice-cream machine
- Push up pop containers or ice pop pouches
- Flavor guide to pairing fruits
Vegans substitute dairy yogurt with nut yogurt or coconut creamer or milk with ration of 60% fat for 1/3 cup.
- Choose your pair of frozen fruits to work with and measure all the ingredients into a blender
- Process until creamy but don’t over-mix as it will start to melt.
- Transfer the creamy mass to your container as quickly as possible and let it freeze for a few hours or eat right away as a soft ice-cream.
Take out of the freezer and let it sit for a few min before serving or serve as a soft yogurt.
ENJOY your HEALTHY treat!