Created: July 19, 2020
At FamQStudioLab, our goal is to make access for all the families of the earth with young children for high quality visual content, easy-to-follow visuals, including video to empower meaningful daily living and creating positive changes at home with kids. We encourage the FamQStudioLab community, non-profit organizations, bloggers, companies’ news media, and the like to share FamQStudioLab Content that is open for distribution, through social media, other platforms and digital tools. While sharing content openly is a big part of who we are, we do license our content under certain conditions listed below.
FamQStudioLab Talks under Creative Commons License
Commercial cases: Using a FamQStudioLab in a commercial context requires a license. Please send us your request for media licensing. Read more below about bringing FamQStudioLab to for-profit companies.
Non-commercial cases: We encourage you to share FamQStudioLab Content that are licensed for distribution under our Creative Commons license, Attribution–Noncommercial–No Derivatives (or the CC BY – NC – ND 4.0 International) which means it may be shared by following a few requirements. Certain FamQStudioLab Content that are licensed to FamQStudioLab that we have shared but not created may not be distributed.
- Attribute FamQStudioLab as the owner and include a link to the content, but do not include any text that shows FamQStudioLab endorses your website or platform.
- Do not use the FamQStudioLab site content for any commercial purposes, for sale, sublicense or in an app of any kind for any advertising, or in exchange for payment of any kind.
- You cannot remix, create derivative work or modify the FamQStudioLab site content in any way.
- You may not add any further more restrictions that we have provided to the FamQStudioLab site content, such as additional legal restrictions, or charge any fees or technological restrictions to accessing the content.
Embedding FamQStudioLab Content on your blog or site:
- Type of site/company: Bloggers, news/information websites and nonprofits (by which we mean: registered 501(c)3 organizations in the United States, and the equivalent in all other countries), may share one or more FamQStudioLab Content under a Creative Commons (CC) license, provided that they follow the rest of the guidelines on this page and sharing the FamQStudioLab content is not the central purpose of your site. This means that we expect the usage under Creative Commons to be one to share ideas, not to use FamQStudioLab content as the main content for your site, which provides revenue or other sources of income that relies on content we are providing. If you are interested in licensing FamQStudioLab content for other purposes, or for more regular usage, please contact us for more details.
- Text, Visuals, Images, Illustrations, Audio Transcript, Translations may be used under the same Creative Commons license in conjunction with the FamQStudioLab visual content, including video or podcast, if so. Copyright on the text and its translation is owned by FamQStudioLab and any edits, different usage rights or changes to these documents are not permitted without permission. Thus, if you wanted to publish a FamQStudioLab content, including video or podcast in a book, test, play, or otherwise, for any other publication, permission is required.
- Video player: You must use the FamQStudioLab embeddable player on YouTube. This allows us to further our overall mission by tracking video usage. Scraping video from FamQStudioLab.com is not permitted.
- Attribution: You must add a visible link back to FamQStudioLab.org
- Using content in their entirety: You may not edit FamQStudioLab content, or alter it in any way. This is essential for preserving the integrity of the writer’’s ideas.
FamQStudioLab Talks for for-profit companies
Commercial applications of FamQStudioLab content require a license. Companies and organizations looking to embed or hyperlink FamQStudioLab content in contexts that include (but are not limited to) internal communications, employee training materials, and company websites must send a written inquiry about licensing.Please note that no promotional applications of FamQStudioLab content are permitted. Licenses for commercial applications involve a fee, which supports FamQStudioLab’s nonprofit mission of creating access for all the families of the earth with high quality content to share quality time together.
If you’d like to learn more about corporate partnerships with FamQStudioLab, please send your inquiry using our contact form.
Using FamQStudioLab content for Ed. purposes
We encourage you to find creative ways to share FamQStudioLab content with your friends, family, students, colleagues and communities. See below for specific examples. Please note that some of the below use cases require a license.
FamQStudioLab content in the classroom
Educators may use FamQStudioLab content and tools to stimulate discussions with children or to complement course materials and we encourage you to do so as well. You can use FamQStudioLab’s web pages/ blogs/ official YouTube channel directly from these platforms, as long as you comply with the terms of the Creative Commons license outlined above. Feel free to share links to FamQStudioLab.org or FamQStudioLab’s official YouTube channel with children on online forums or class websites.
FamQStudioLab YouTube videos
On YouTube.com/FamQStudioLab are made available under YouTube’s standard policy, not Creative Commons. For more information about licensing FamQStudioLab videos, please send us a request for your inquiry. FamQStudioLab.org content or FamQStudioLab’s official YouTube channel in a non-commercial, educational context. Commercial entities require a license to show FamQStudioLab content at any business events or gatherings. Presenters using FamQStudioLab in a non-commercial context can show FamQStudioLab content from FamQStudioLab.org or FamQStudioLab’s official YouTube channel, as long as you comply with the terms of the Creative Commons license outlined above. In particular, the content must be shown unedited, including the FamQStudioLab visuals and if applicable as well as the copyright information. For more information about using FamQStudioLab content in a commercial context, please contact us.
Requests for FamQStudioLab Visuals, Photos, Videos
At this time we do not license FamQStudioLab photos, videos, visual content, images, illustrations outside of formal licensing partnerships.
Translating FamQStudioLab content
For those interested in helping to translate FamQStudioLab content, consider joining the FamQStudioLab Translators community of volunteers!
Where do I direct press related inquiries for FamQStudioLab content?
For press information, images and media resources about FamQStudioLab content, please send us a request using the contact form.
Can I translate FamQStudioLab content for my YouTube channel?
We do not permit individuals and/or organizations to translate or dub outside of the official FamQStudioLab Translator community, as modifying the content in this way is not covered under FamQStudioLab’s Creative Commons license. Please also note FamQStudioLab has official channels on YouTube, and our distribution policy does not permit re-uploading FamQStudioLab content onto other YouTube channels. If you are interested in making created content more accessible to your community, join our FamQStudioLab Translator community of volunteers.
FamQStudioLab Usage Policy
FamQStudioLab is a not-for-profit organization. We trust that our space is being used for legal, respectful and generally trustworthy purposes. While using any of these sites, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. The policy is updated based on the date provided above. FamQStudioLab has full right to modify these terms based on our discretion. If you do not agree to any of the terms, provided herein, please do not participate on FamQStudioLab sites
By interacting with FamQStudioLab platform, you agree to our terms, conditions, policies and guidelines.
You are responsible for reviewing any terms of third party sites that are linked through FamQStudioLab when viewing content.
Interacting with FamQStudioLab sites and platforms
3. Posting Content. You represent and warrant that any material you post to FamQStudioLab Sites, does not infringe another party’s intellectual property rights or any applicable national or local law that may apply regarding the posting of material. You also agree that any Content you post will not infringe on any third party right — including copyright, trademark, patent, right of publicity or other intellectual property right, and will not slander, defame, libel or invade the right of privacy or publicity of any other person. If you submit any Content to FamQStudioLab Sites (translations, questions, comments or otherwise) you understand and agree that it may be used by FamQStudioLab for any reason throughout the world without requirement or consent, and that FamQStudioLab may edit your Content as long as the meaning is preserved. You agree that you provide a license for FamQStudioLab to use your Content worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free and perpetual, non-revocable license for FamQStudioLab to use in whatever way FamQStudioLab deems appropriate throughout the world in whole or in part, in any media platforms available now or developed in the future. You are required to follow and be familiar with the Community Guidelines. If you post material or misuse FamQStudioLab Sites in a way that infringes on another party’s intellectual property rights, or these policies, you understand that we may remove the posting and that you agree to indemnify FamQStudioLab based on the indemnification provided below.
We ask that you follow the guidelines, applicable law and respect the intellectual property of others when contributing publicly to any FamQStudioLab platform. We may use edited parts of that content for other purposes.
Copyright issues and licenses
4. DMCA Notice. FamQStudioLab posts FamQStudioLab Content from around the world. While FamQStudioLab strives to ensure all ideas posted are credible, based on facts and do not infringe on other people’s intellectual property rights, there may be an occasion when Content is provided by other parties, and/or may include material that infringes on the copyright of another third party. If this happens, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on FamQStudioLab Sites infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that Content on FamQStudioLab infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send FamQStudioLab a notice requesting the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
FamQStudioLab posts content from a variety of sources and while we respect the intellectual property of others, occasionally content may be posted that contains copyrighted content. If you find infringing content, please follow these steps in order to file a DMCA notice.
- your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address
- sufficient detail identifying the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed
- identification of the material that you claim to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to allow FamQStudioLab to locate the material on the sites
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; such as, “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.”
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; such as, “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that is allegedly infringed.
All claims of copyright infringement should be submitted using our contact form with Attention to FamQStudioLab Managing Director.
5. FamQStudioLab Licensed Content. FamQStudioLab Original Content is owned by FamQStudioLab, provided on FamQStudioLab.org and any other sites, including social media, that we manage or license to. Unless otherwise indicated on the website, any content and/or information presented are licensed via Creative Commons license (CC BY — NC — ND 4.0 International), which means that certain FamQStudiLab Content may be used for personal and/or educational purposes as long as the license terms and FamQStudioLab’s Usage Policy are followed (eg. a clear credit given to FamQStudioLab.org, not used for commercial purposes, a written note if you decide to alter the materials or images, etc.).
Except as provided in the Usage Policy, you agree not to distribute any FamQStudioLab Content without FamQStudioLab’s prior written authorization, unless FamQStudioLab makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered from the FamQStudioLab Page/Post at FamQStudioLab.org (such as the Embeddable option).
A majority of FamQStudioLab Content is licensed under Creative Commons. We ask that you do not distribute our Content without prior permission. Please read our Usage Policy link for further terms.
Additionally, the YouTube API is also used to update the view count for the videos featured on FamQStudioLab.org. You need to consent to be bound to YouTube’s terms of service https://www.youtube.com/t/terms.
Legal risk and responsibilities
7. No Warranties. All Content (including but not limited to: FamQStudioLab, animations, videos, visuals, blogs, transcripts, podcasts etc.) is made available AS IS and FamQStudioLab does not offer any warranty of any kind, or represent that the Content will be accurate, complete, or error-free. FamQStudioLab is not liable for the usage of, implementation of, impact from, or communication of the ideas presented in any Content, or during ad-free visual experiences that may be subscribed on a user’s iOS device or on FamQStudioLab.org.
All content FamQStudioLab provides, including ad-free experiences are offered “as is,” so we can’t guarantee everything will be accurate, complete or entirely error-free. Please use our content thoughtfully and responsibly.
You agree to be responsible for any issues you may have resulting from your use of FamQStudioLab content.
9. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL FAMQSTUDIOLAB, FOUNDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE ACCESS OF, USE OR INABILITY TO USE FAMQSTUDIOLAB CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, NON-DELIVERY OF INFORMATION, DISCLOSURE OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.
Under no circumstance can FamQStudioLab be blamed for any damages you may have related to your use of FamQStudioLab and our platforms or sites.