- Pick a flavored whole milk yogurt (e.g. Greek or French style yogurt) for the 1st experiment & skim milk yogurt for the 2nd. Tip: (if plain, add liquid sweetener like Agave to taste)
- Transfer it to a Popsicle mold and freeze.
- Enjoy healthy treats.
- Lab question: Why does it taste differently – yogurt from whole milk vs yogurt from skim milk?
Fun facts about Frozen Yogurt
- Yogurt has been around for over 4,000yrs. Frozen yogurt became popular in the 1970s and ’80s as a low-fat, “healthy” alternative to ice-cream.
- Depending on the mixture procedure, the yogurt bacteria may survive in large numbers or be largely eliminated.
- Yogurt can be made by any mammal that produces milk: goats, sheep, buffalo, yak, camel.
- Frozen yogurt contains lots of vitamins, minerals and other healthy attributes.
- Frozen yogurt has had many names including: Frogurt, Humphreez Yogart Danny and FroYo.
Consider this… low fat/ non-fat/ lite
- There are 3 types of yogurt:
- regular, low fat and nonfat yogurt.
- Yogurt made from whole milk has at least 3.25 % milk fat.
- Low Fat yogurt is made from lowfat milk or part-skim milk and has between 2 and 0.5 % milk fat.
- Nonfat yogurt is made from skim milk and contains less than 0.5% milk fat.
- Lite (light) yogurt: 1/3 less calories or 50% reduction in fat than regular yogurt.
SOURCE TO READ ABOUT YOGURT:
How to choose a healthy yogurt: https://www.summitmedicalgroup.com/news/nutrition/how-choose-healthiest-yogurt/